Rainbow

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Responsive - As long as we're together- the lemon twigs.

For my first response to the illustration 12 brief, I wanted my album cover to be full of meaning and have a strong narrative. I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and produce something that was completely different to my usual style of producing and creating work. 

I decided to go for a collage style way of working as this is something that I have wanted to experiment with for a while and this was great chance to see how my work could be transferred into this way. 

I found the book 'craphound' in the library which insists of a number of copyright free imagery that can be used for collage and illustrations such as my one! 

Due to the title of the song, I felt that I needed to produce a piece that gave the suggestion of a couple of a difficulty in love. Through this thought process I began to think about the idea of being idolised and in a way worshiped within a relationship. 
I found images of male and female eyes and used the scissor imagery to portray this idea.


Overall I was really pleased with the design and from the start I knew I wanted to screenprint as I felt that the digital version would look to flat and I'm a great fan of the natrual hand made astehtic of screenprinting!

Overall I'm really really pleased with how my final design turned out, I think the 'mistakes' from the screenprint actually work really well alongside the half ton collage pieces and after this response to the album cover, collage and gradient screen print is defiantly something that I'd like to consider working with in the future of my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment