Rainbow

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Illustration 12 - Let's Eat Grandma




Similarily to before I began to research Let's eat grandma - deep six textbook in a similar method to before, I felt that looking at the music video allowed me to see a different side of the song, and although I'm not wanting to use similar visuals, I think it's helpful to understand the tone of voice of the artists and learn about the way that their music creates a visceral feeling for the listener. 
i'd like to use an abstract approach to the particular album cover and attempt a style of working that I have never attempted before using purely screen print and shape driven work.

Again, I will study the lyrics and pick out words and lines that I feel could potentially drive the way that my work forms.

Let's Eat Grandma, in full colour
I was so inspired by the grass, and the street, and the barbed wire
And the stars in the night, and the cat's eyes

We live our lives in the textbook, and letter by letter
I feel like standing on the desk, and screaming "I don't care"
Oh, and I was such a quiet child, oh I, was I?

I bet the starfish wonder
Why we're so obsessed

Why we feel so stressed (boring)
I wish you all the best
You're making me upset (enduring things)

We're heading straight to the east coast
It's just gone bitter
The ocean doesn't care, the waves will curl our hair
In summertime, when days collide
Say, "Why didn't we? Why didn't we?"
Go

Why why why?


The lyrics to the song are very visual, they seem to create a movement in the way that they are placed together. This could be really interesting in terms of a shape driven piece. I need to look at artists and illustrators that use this method of creating in order to create their work.

ATELIER BINGO
Alelier Bingo offer constant inspiration to me and I really want to create work in a similar way. I feel that by exploring shape and the rhythms of the music I will be able to explore the visuals in a similar way.
I really like the use of colour for the, bright, contrasting with bold shapes that overlay and create a composition within themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment