Rainbow

Monday 2 January 2017

Storyboarding

I started the storyboarding process by referring back to my prints. I wanted to explore similar themes and imagery as I had done before. Due to the different layout of the sting and my prints, i knew this was something that I'd have to really consider if I wanted the composition of my stings to be effective.

I found it helpful to draw lines of the direction of movements on my storyboards, even if it was just for me to refer back to when creating the stings
Another helpful element was writing the exact movement and what was happening within the shot, even if it seemed obvious, i think this will come in really helpful when creating my final stings.





WHAT WENT WELL?

  • Through exploring the possibilities of movement with my stings, I feel like I have learnt a bit more about the possibilities of composition within illustrations. It's interesting to have to consider the moving around of the piece and as oppose to a final print or drawing. This is challenging! But, so far, I'm enjoying it.
  • Due to having worked hard on my prints, I was able to really think about the movement alone as oppose to having to re think the meaning and actually imagery itself, it will be interesting to see if I can still transfer these viserol feelings in my stings as I have done within my prints.
WHAT COULD HAVE GONE BETTER?
  • I found it difficult to consider large movements within my prints, I didn't want the stings to look overdramatic and take away from the subtle imagery and meanings behind my work. I tried to consider smaller movements, such as the growing of flowers and the flickering of plants and leaves as oppose to an actual narrative itself.
  • Due to the stings only being 10 seconds long, I haven't really added too much of a story within my stings, but instead more of a short look into Carter's work and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment