Rainbow

Monday 2 January 2017

David Fullarton

I LOVE the textures and aesthetic of David Fullarton's work!! I want to make work like this!!!
I really enjoy the collage nature of it, the hand drawn images against the textured collaged background. I really like the 'accidental' pencil marks, theres nothing digital or polished about his work, I'm a great fan.
  • I'd like to create my stings in a similar nature, that hand drawn, natural illustration style. I know I can only use two colours, but I feel that I would be able to create a textured background, I want to show my mistakes but show them as part of the finished piece. They're NOT mistakes, the mistakes make the work REAL. 
  • I love the hand drawn text, thats something that makes Fullarton's work so REAL, the text makes the work look like his own thoughts, written down straight away, not adjusted, real and thought provoking.
  • Because I'm using speech from Angela Carter herself, it would be really interesting to use the hand written text, maybe almost have it appear as she says it, almost like a diary!



No comments:

Post a Comment