Rainbow

Saturday 14 January 2017

Final Crit

FINAL CRIT 
The final crit of my work was a peer review with the final opinions and thoughts on the collection of all of my work. I felt so relieved to have everything together, neatly in my presentations folders. It's felt like a long and very educational journey but I'm so happy to be finished and i feel like I can take away so much knowledge, particuarly about print and animation from OUIL504

QUOTES FROM FEEDBACK
  • "Overall presentation is impeccable! very proffesional layout"
  • "Your experimental nature is inspiring - your work is so fun and exciting!"
  • "So considered - a whole set - really beautiful and fragile"
  • "I can really see how the sophistication of your core concepts has developed throughout the module in response to Angela Carter"
  • "Your sketchbook is incredible, it's so exciting, the definition of a visual journal"
  • "Delicate but bold. Work with halftone again!"
The feedback is so positive, it gave me so much confidence and I really feel ready for the hand in. I was slightly worried about my development towards the final prints, but it's comforting to see that people can see the development from my initial ideas towards the final prints!
I received a few comments telling me to work with screenprint again based on the success of my screenprints, this is such a great compliment to relieve.

At the very start of the module, I discussed how I was very concerned with screen printing as I haven't had much success with it in the past, but following on from these comments and how pleased I am with my final prints, I am certainly going to use it a lot in my practice in the future!  

PRESENTATION OF WORK 





I decided to use large boards to create folders for my final prints and my development work. I wanted to present my work in a way that could also represent it. I decided to use similar colours to the ones I used in my prints in order to show my work in a professional and creative way.
I'm so happy with how my presentation turned out, I think it's clean and refreshing in a way that also gives the similar feelings that are in my prints, ones that can represent the life and work of Angela Carter.


No comments:

Post a Comment