Rainbow

Sunday 1 January 2017

Experimenting with Sound

Following my research of interviews with Angela Carter i thought i would be interesting to include direct quotes and voice recordings from the interviews.
  • I have experimented with combining her vocals with clips of sounds from nature. A lot of my work around Carter has been nature themed and I though it seemed very approroate to continue with this theme within the stings.
  • I'm quite happy with how the sounds work together, the very subtle yet atmospheric sounds of forests combined with the very direct voice of Carter creates an interesting sound for my stings to work with.
  • I thought it would be helpful to choose sounds and experiment with how to use sounds before commencing on the animation side of the brief in after effects. By having the sound beforehand, I have something to work with and storyboard my animation for. The sounds i have chosen to work with aren't particularly dominating in terms of forcing a certain narrative so it leaves it very open for me to play around with a story within the visual side of my piece. 

I've really enjoyed this experiment and I'm actually fairly pleased with the sounds I've been able to produce. These aren't the final sounds, they're just experiments and I will need to be careful of not pre deciding the narrative and storyline of my sting imagery.

NEXT STEPS
  • Begin storyboarding and looking at how I can use my imagery from my prints in an animated way. Think about the voice clips I have chosen from the Carter interviews and consider how they could work with the animation.
  • Get on aftereffects!! Play around with different movements and experiment with different ways to make my prints come to life. I think once i actually start seeing the possibilities within this brief it will become a lot easier for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment