Rainbow

Thursday 12 January 2017

Third Sting

Gender - Angela Carter from Emma Knowles on Vimeo.

WHAT WENT WELL?

  • Similarily to my other two completed stings, I was really REALLY pleased with how the whole handmade aesthetic came through. Again, I spent a long time to create the separate layers in order to achieve this look. I had to be selective of which parts to add this flickering appearance to, as I found that when applying it to every single element within the sting, it became a bit overwhelming and took away from the actual illustrations themselves. 
  • I feel like the sound worked particularly well with this sting. I was able to match the sounds of the bird tweeting with the soundtrack and I feel that this really gives a professional looking element.
WHAT COULD HAVE GONE BETTER?

  • I really struggled with the composition with this sting, the layout is particularly different to my bird print, so I found it difficult to rearrange the layout, despite my storyboard process.
  • I found that when transferring my ideas from my storyboards, it was difficult to recreate it in the exact way. Maybe this is something that I should consider if I were to do an animation project again. More detailed storyboards.
  • There's small factors about the animation that Im not happy with, for example some of the words don't flicker properly leading to double words or a blank space, i didn't notice elements such as this until afterwards, but again, due to time restrictions I was unable to go back and change this. But in GENERAL i think the animation looks smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment