Rainbow

Sunday 1 January 2017

FINISHED prints!



 5 FINISHED PRINTS!
FINALLY. Creating these five prints was one of the most challenging briefs I've had to do BUT I'm so pleased with them! It's very much a relief to have them finished!

WHAT WENT WELL?
  • THEY'RE SUCCESSFUL! I think they work so well as a set, by using embellishments and details in each print, I feel like they are able to intertwine together and work well sitting all 5 together. The theme of nature that runs through all 5 prints is a great way without being too similar. I really like the way I've used similar style flowers in order to create a theme, but in the same way, the floral imagery is used differently and in its own way to suit the narrative of each print.
  • I think the use of a colour theme works really well in a way of allowing them to be tied together and work successfully as a sequence. In the same way, I quite like the subtle variations of the tones and colours that have been used, I think to use the exact same colours in all five prints would have gotten slightly repetitive and may have detracted from the illustrations when show as a set.
  • I'm really really happy with my use of narrative in my prints, I feel like I've really put a lot of considerations into Carter's writing and poems and have represented this in an effective way  that shows her work in a way that I FEEL represents the viscerol feelings that I get when I read and study Carter's work.
WHAT COULD OF GONE BETTER?
  • I feel like if I had more time, i could have been more experimental with my use of print process. Although I'm pleased with my use of screen print, I do feel like I could have worked more on trying to incorporate elements of mono print and lino, however this isn't taking anything away from my final prints themselves and i KNOW that following on from this brief I am going to be in the print room a whole lot more.
  • I also feel like the technical drawings themselves I could have worked on a little more, I've struggled with drawings of hands a lot and although I am semi pleased with how the hand print has turned out, I feel like I could have worked on this a little more, although, these are just little things that again, I feel don't really take away from the final prints themselves.
MEGA CRIT ON FINISHED PRINTS.
Overall, the feedback on my prints was really successful. 
  • "Really like the purple and green colour, the half tone works really well with your style of working"
  • "I haven't seen anyone else use halftone in the way that you have, it works so well"
  • "Inclusion of quotes was a good call, they compliment the images"
  • "Beautiful use of gradient and colour, really works well with the idea of life and growth"
  • "The colours are really viberant but feel dark at the same time, really well executed"
I asked my peers the question "Do my prints work as a set" as this is something that I've been concerned about throughout my whole development of my work. Responses were positive:
  • "Yes, visual quality is consistent throughout!"
  • "Yes, the halftone backgrounds bring them together and work very well"


No comments:

Post a Comment