Rainbow

Wednesday 25 January 2017

REPONSIVE "Secret 12"

After the new of secret 7 being cancelled for this year i was really disappointed as I'd been really excited to create album artwork, HOWEVER...luckily the illustration secret 12 has been created! I've been exploring the different tracks and getting a feel for the plethora of sounds and feelings that they create. The notes I took will help me to further into the tracks and create effective artwork for the songs. They might not make too much sense, but I jotted down and colours, lyrics and shapes or feelings that I had when listening to the song.

  • ANOHNI - 4 DEGREES - Drum (heavy beat, wavy with strings) Blue, Grey with splashes of brighter colours. Rhinos and big mammals
  • FAITH NO MORE - ABSOLUTE ZERO - Rock! Heavy sounds - black/red. Corners and strong lines. Wilderness - wolf howl
  • LETS EAT GRANDMA - DEEP SIX TEXTBOOK - Slow/Wavy - blue/yellow (mustard), pale, mint green. Starfish, waves, clouds, underwater. "I bet the starfish wander"
  • CARTER USM - SHERIFF FATMAN - 80's, talking, london? red/yellow/blue. rebellious/crowds
  • THE LEMON TWIGS - AS LONG AS WE'RE TOGETHER - Reflections and projections. pink/green/yellow/lilac - pastel colours. shiny. yellow lemons. metallic (music video) black marks.
  • FRANK OCEAN SOLO - Computer tech/digital. blue green mustard
I particularly liked the slower sounds of Lets Eat Grandma and The Lemon Twigs, I feel like i could create effective work using colour and shape, and screenprint which is something ive really been looking forward to working with ever since my use of screenprint in OUIL504.

NEXT STEPS 
  • Start looking at potential imagery and colour that i could use that relates to the chosen songs. I already have a few ideas that I would like to work with so it will be interesting to see how I can relate them to the specific songs that I have chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment