Rainbow

Sunday 1 January 2017

Study Task 6 - Sound


Aye from Sijia Ke on Vimeo.

I really enjoy the hand drawn aesthetic of this animation. The flickering lines and rough yet effective marks and textures really give the piece and endearing and interesting feel to it.
This is something I'd like to achieve in my stings.

  • I understand that this probably wasn't created on after effects due to the very hand drawn animated style, but I really need to learn how to create a similar effect in the programme if I am going to be happy with my outcome.
  • The sound is another simple yet effective element of this animation. The movements work with the sound as oppose to the other way around. 
  • I don't need an overcomplicated or overpowering soundtrack, I want the main focus to be on the movements of the shapes and illustrations.



Visual Capture Experiment from Sam Bell on Vimeo.


  • I really enjoy the distorted almost unnerving sound of this animation. The deep sounds along with the higher pitched sounds of technology create an almost disturbing listening experience.
  • I find it interesting how the animation doesn't necessarily have to link to the goings on within the animation. 
  • The movement could probably work alongside a different soundtrack. This is something really interesting to consider. 
  • I need to think about if I want the animation to be able to work on its own, or does it need to rely on the soundtrack to work?


YAMASUKI YAMAZAKI やますき、やまざき from ShiShi Yamazaki on Vimeo.

  • In animations that work alongside music, the movement almost RELIES on the sound. I quite like this idea. The animation is almost illustration in visual forms what the sound is portraying. This is interesting. I think I'd rather take this route of exploration.
  • I particularly like the drum beats in this animation and how the imagery works alongside that. Specific moments and small movements really add a lot, it could be the most simple action of a character of element that adds to the effectiveness of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment