Rainbow

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Let's eat Grandma - Initial Sketches

Despite wanting to work with a shape driven piece for the album cover of deep six textbook by lets eat grandma, I felt that to express the feelings that I felt towards the song, the cover needed to have some definition and some description of the tone of voice that I felt it portrayed.
through watching the music video I gained a better understanding of:
  • Colour Palette
  • Tone of Voice
  • Visearal Feelings created by the song
  • Visual imagery represented within the music video and produced by the lyrics being full of metaphors and descriptive language.
I considered various inanimate objects, mostly nature to be the main point of focus within the album cover. 
I experimented with a number of shapes and sizes to get an understanding of how the abstract shapes and brighter colours could work alongside something more simple and subtle.
I came to the conclusion of a rock to represent the song, the geometric edge and detail with in the rock was the perfect contrast from the background shapes, this is exactly what I felt was needed when coming to create the composition for the album cover.



I found it really helpful to play around with roughing and different compositions including colour and textures aswell that I could potentially use for the final design.
I really wanted to screenprint this particular design as I felt that the use of the clean method of screenprinting could work really nicely alongside the overlaying of the shapes and colours that I am planning to use.
I am really pleased with the final drawing of the rock that I have produced, I feel that I have used tone and texture effectively in order to create the perfect balance to conrtast with the more sublte shapes that I am planning to use in the background of the album cover.
I will continue to look at collage and screenprint artists and illustrators in order to gain a better understanding of their methods and ways of working in order to create the best piece that I possibly can !!

No comments:

Post a Comment