Rainbow

Friday 3 February 2017

Responsive Collaboration

On the day of the responsive collabortaion slide show in the lecture theatre I was so anxious and really questioning my own practice. I felt like my work didn't look the best up on the slide show so I was worrying about not only the quality of my work but also people not wanting to work with me on briefs.

I found the whole selection process SO stressful, I could see everyone chatting and getting into groups and I felt a bit lost and anxious about the whole situation. I ended up messaging a couple of people on instagram to see if they wanted to work together but unfortunately they were already grouped up!

I was SO relieved when a graphic designer messaged me and said she had liked my work in the presentation, I hadn't seen her work before and I really liked it so felt so happy to finally have a collab partner! Another graphic designer later joined our group and it was such a RELIEF!!!

We met up and discussed the briefs that we were all interested in, it was hard to come to a agreement as we all had different preferences, however after weighing up the pros and cons of all the breifs, the YCN bear brief seemed the most appropriate for us all to work on as a illustration and graphic design partnership!

I'm excited yet slightly anxious to get started on the project, I feel like it will be a creative challenge for me, not just the collab aspect but also the chosen brief, but a challenge is a good thing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment