Rainbow

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Responsive Collab - The Deep

 Following on from the collab meeting I thought about collecting first hand imagery to draw from for the yo yo cards. I felt like from drawing from life in my initial drawings, I would make it easier for me to make the drawings more appropriate for children in the sense of applying them to the Yo Yo cards.
I found that the deep was also aimed at children and familes so it was a good point of research in terms of looking at what exhibitons the children enjoyed most and using this research to create more exciting and refreshing designs for the cards. 
I really loved the bright coral and the interesting popping colours, I feel that I could really use this well in terms of making the cards exciting and making them something that is to be collected and admired.
It was really great to see the fish in action rather than drawing a flat design on a screen, I found that as a result of this I was able to get a better sense of their movement and their effect on the surroundings as they are moving around in the water. This will defiantly aid me when producing my drawings for the cards.

NEXT STEPS
  • My next steps will be to show the group my research and begin to plan as a group what potential aspects of the great barrier reef we will be exploring. It's important to keep this communication going and learning off eachother in terms of idea generation.
  • I need to refine these drawings and begin to consider how I could potentially use them in the sense of a yoyo card!
  • I'm really excited by the imagery that I've created and I feel that I can create some really effective work based on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment