Rainbow

Friday 3 February 2017

Illustration 12 - Cul De Sac

Following on from listening to the given songs in the Illustration 12 breif, I was really inspired by the dramatic sounds and eclectic mix of instruments within the Cul - De - Sac song, I loved the unpredictable nature of it and when listening I almost felt in the mix of colours and shapes each representing a different sound and pattern created by the music.

I wanted to represent this somehow in the form of my album cover. I began thinking of ways that I could incorporate the basic shapes and bright primary colours whilst still having a flair of my own illustration within the cover. 

The idea of the eyes watching almost as if the band are performing, spectating the crowd was something that stood out to me. Following on from the straight edge, geometric idea of the shapes, I began to consider the idea of graphs and formation within the cover. 

Following on from experimentation, I  was pleased to have come up with a simple, yet, I feel effective design for my album cover. This piece was purely digital, which is something I really haven't worked alot with in the past, however, due to it's simple nature I feel that it works well as an album cover, and i feel, represents the song well.


Through the experimentation with colours, I was happy to conclude my design process with the above formation. I used a slight grain with texture to create the piece as I felt that without, the design seemed a little flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment