Rainbow

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Peeler - Dominic Kesterton




  • Following on from research on children's book, I have started to think about the style of outcome that I'd like to produce. 
  • Following on from the talk from Dominic Kesterton, I was inspired by his zine style book 'peeler' I particularly like the plastic sleeve covering the book. Although a simple detail, I really like how this adds an element of tactile versatility to the book and makes it something that could be sustained and possibly used for children's book.
  • I've noticed that a lot of children's books use bright and bold colours and this is also something that I've wanted to explore. I know this zine isn't necessarily for children but I feel that a similar theme or appearance could be used to entice children.
  • For a while now I've wanted to make an A4 zine style book and i really feel that I could incorporate this into this brief. Alot of the pages in this zine could be used as prints or as part of a poster so this is definitely something that I could consider when making the artwork for my book.
  • I like the idea of children's poetry or an issue exploring mental health but in a way that children could understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment