Rainbow

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Responsive Collab - Refining drawings.

 Following on from my visit at the deep, I thought it would be helpful to refine my drawings and scan them in, in order to see all of the pieces that I have to work with.
I find working in this way very helpful, particurly in terms of working within a group. I was able to show my group these two pages and drawings and we discussed how each element could work together to create the different yo yo cards.
I'm so glad that I was able to collect all of these drawings, it will make it alot easier and faster when it comes to creating the cards, they will almost act as 'stock' images that I can transfer and use within the different cards.

My group seemed really pleased with the illustrations and we began to discuss specfic creatures and narrativs to focus on within the cards. Following on from their research they listed:
  • Blue Spotted Ray
  • Blacktip Shark
  • Green Sea Turtle
  • Whale Shark
  • Clownfish
  • Great Clam
  • Big Box Jellyfish
So far I'm really pleased with how well we're working as a team, I feel like they are giving me a good motvation to do the illustrations for the breif and I feel confident that they will create a great graphics basis to work alongside my drawings.
At the end of the breif I'm hoping that we will all work together to adjust the details and refine any other elements to really use this idea of working together as oppose to me just doing drawings for them to add the text.

Following on from our meeting, I began to sketch out some images of the chosen creatures in order to get a head start on designing the cards. Time restraits do slightly stress me out but I feel that with working with a group I have the motivation to do more work as it's not just for me but for the rest of the group aswell!
 I'm so so pleased with how these drawings have turned out. Although I had to sketch them from online resources, I'm really happy to see how my basic drawing skills have developed! I will need to begin to consider how I can transform these images into a more child friendly approach to fit in within the bear brief, however so far I feel that I've made a really successful start!


No comments:

Post a Comment