Rainbow

Saturday 26 March 2016

Persons of Note - Swimming Pools?!


I'm going to explore the way that water and swimming pools can work in different ways within illustration. I am particularly interested in the methods that Nakamatsu uses in the inventions of ideas for his work and this involves water and swimming.
The idea of illustrating water has always confused me simply due to the way the colours change and there no such thing as straight line underwater. This will definitely be a challenge for me but I'm so motivated for this project at the moment so i can't wait to challenge myself!
In the documentary that I watched, there were grids on the floor of the pool much like the first illustration, this could be really interesting and I could change the colours of this to create abstract grid effects. I saw these posters by Anymade Studio and this has really got me thinking about the different colours and effects that I could use to re create the swimming pool effect!
I might be getting ahead of myself here but i think it would be really exciting to challenge the colours that are associated with swimming. A lot of the colours on the talk shows that Nakamatsu appears on in japan are very bright and playful and this corresponds very well with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment