Rainbow

Saturday 19 March 2016

Greetings from - INSPIRATION! YOKO HONDA

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE!
YOKO HONDA
I came across Yoko Honda's work on pinterest and INSTANTLY fell in love with the colours, shapes, patterns and overall dreamlike, psychedelic, 80's aesthetic in her work.
This has given my instant inspiration for the postcard project, i now know how to resolve the background issue..gradients! the perfect way to show colours without being too bold about it by using block shapes which i have been doing. 
WHAT IS IT THAT I LOVE SO MUCH?
  • The beautiful colour palettes that, even though have so many colours within them, work so well and so coherently, this is something that strive for within my own work!
  • the composition of the pieces is so perfect, the gradient takes up a lot of the pieces so there doesn't need to be too much going on alongside that, the colours speak for themselves!

Seeing Yoko Honda's work has excited me so much! I'm going to experiment RIGHT NOW with changing the backgrounds on my postcards, this is exactly what i needed as i feel like i was getting a bit lost with trying to find a colour to tie the postcards together rather than an technique such as a gradient!



No comments:

Post a Comment