Rainbow

Tuesday 15 March 2016

First steps on illustrator...

I began by creating simple block shapes on illustrator as I felt comfortable with this following on from the workshops. Although simple, I think that if i add a lot of detail within these simple shapes, it could in some ways reflect my illustrative style using small details and embellishments of some kind although less extreme. 
I began by looking at colours that I have previously experimented with in my initial drawings and sketches. I feel like the pastel shades accurately represent the miami beach scene and this is definitely something that i am interested in applying to my work. 

I started to experiment with the way that I could change the size and shape of the buildings.
So far I am fairly happy with how the images are turning out, considering i was almost afraid of using illustrator? I'm quite happy with how easy it actually is the more that I'm getting into it.
I have looked into how I can use tone in order to create depth in the images. I found that I have to think in a completely different way when working with illustrator. My mind is often thinking of the lines and outlines of shapes where as in this project, I must think about how the shapes can work together to create the image.
Although have only just started this brief in terms of the physical outcomes, I already feel like it has been a massive learning curve for me!

The next step to step outside of my comforting box of working with the shape tool was to use the PEN TOOL and create unnatural shapes. I thought this would work really well for the palm tree, creating the jagged lines and uneven shapes was a real challenge but i am SO pleased with the result!
I'm so proud of my self for starting this challenge as it has been really hanging over me for what feels like a while now. I now feel more confident in using more shapes and challenging myself even further with this tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment