Rainbow

Thursday 24 March 2016

Yoshiro Nakamatsu - DOCUMENTARY






Following watching the documentary, Im finding that its not necessarily his inventions that are inspiring me but the methods and ways that he reaches the idea. Im finding it facinsating and the scene underwater almost seemed magical to me. I had so many visual ideas and imagery that i could create. I definitely want to explore this scene more and experiment with how i could create illustrations and images based on this process.

I really like his thoughts and ideas about his process to. Favourite quotes include:
"TOO MUCH OXYGEN IS BAD FOR THE BRAIN"

"THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO CREATE INVENTIONS"

"AN IDEA APPEARS INSTANTLY AND DISAPPEARS INSTANTLY"

"I GET AS CLOSE TO DEATH AS POSSIBLE"

I think it would be really effective to actually use these quotes within my work, this would work really well in terms of addressing yoshiro as a person and telling his story and his though process through not only image but quotation and text. If i were to do this i would defiently have to be subtle as i think a lot of text could ruin the delicate and subtle aesthetic of a swimming pool and dreamy nature that i find yoshiro has to him and his thought process!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment