Rainbow

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Viewpoint Presentation


What do we mean by depth of image?

  • The creation of the illusion of distance or a third dimension.
  • Overlapping and using different sizing and scale.
Is depth only relevant to people who want to make realistic images?
  • depth is relevant if it works with the narrative and composition of the piece.
What is line of sight?
  • the direction in which our eye moves when looking at the image.
What does line of sight do for the composition?

  • draws your eye around
  • gives the image movement



This image by Mobius, for me, completely defines the idea of viewpoint and depth of field. The way that the image and line of sight follow through creating a pathway that guides the viewer through the image is so effective and really inspires me to focus more on viewpoints within not just visual language, but other briefs aswell. The way that the contrast between the bird and the edge of the cliff create an X shape also is such an effective aspect for me. Everything about this image just draws me in and inspired me within my own practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment