Rainbow

Friday 5 February 2016

Character Development - Shy Bunny Boy

Following on from all of my other character developments, I began to consider what were my favourite elements from all of my other creations. I definitely feel that the emotion of anxiety and stress is one that would be interesting to communicate, taking this idea I began to think of any physical aspects that I really liked based on the other characters. I particularly enjoyed creating the bunny balloons and enjoyed drawing them as shapes themselves. Expanding on this I wanted to explore the possibilities of combining these ideas. Taking into account all of my other experiments and character explorations, I wanted to explore ways of creating the rabbit in a way that was almost neieve and subtle, showing the emotion of stress and shyness in a simplistic way.
 I began by creating quick paint and line work, looking at how as little detail as possible could be achieved and in the same way creating a quiet piece representing the desired emotions.

I also looked at how I could make the same character by experimenting with the shapes and sizing of the features. I feel that I have defiantly progressed with my ability of experimenting and discovering new things by quickly trying different ideas and creating mini 'roughs', I find this really helpful.

I looked at how the head of the rabbit that i had initially been experimenting with could be carried through into a whole body and finally a character. I thought about how I wanted to convey the shy bunny as a fragile and quiet character, therefore looking at the simplicity of the line work and not overworking it in terms of detail which i often fail to do.

I began to explore other ways I could make the character by using colour and pattern and different qualities of line. I have been particually enjoying my use of gouache in this project as it is something that I haven't really experimented much with before, I love the matte finish it gives work and isn't it bold and harsh as acrylic paint can be. 


After further experiments of the character I definitely feel that this is one that I can carry through as a gif and create a variety of movements and feelings based off of him. Before doing this, I need to experiment more and develop him even further to make it the most effective he can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment