Rainbow

Sunday 14 February 2016

Hand Drawn Gif


 After creating my final character design, it was an easy transition into creating the hand drawn gif. Before starting this task, I knew that animation took a long time and was very repetitive, but I don't think that I had prepared myself for the massive task that it actually was. Despite this, I did enjoy watching as my gif developed slowly. I found it quite difficult to keep it consistent and often found that certain body parts of the rabbit would change which I found frustrating but i tried to let it flow as much as possible. Initially I thought about keeping the character monochrome just because I thought it would be better to keep the lines consistent, however once I had embarked on the coloration, I really liked how the texture was coming out using the colouring pencils.
Overall I had 23 frames, the idea is to show the character looking awkward and somewhat frustrated with his shy nature. His cheeks go red and he blinks as his ears twitch. He moves his feet and fidgets with his hands. 

What I like?
Overall I am really pleased with how the gif turned out. I think my extensive character planning really payed off as I feel that he really has his own personality and emotions. Although it was unplanned I think that the tracing paper texture in the background really gives that other hand made feel about it which adds to the shy and awkward feel of the gif, I'm really happy with this.

What I don't like?
If I were to do this gif again I would probably consider using a light box, because although I have said that I do like the tracing paper background I feel that it could have been more effective if it had been a solid white. Also, if I used a lightbox I feel that I would have been able to keep the head and body the same as I have noticed that they seem to change shape as the gif rolls, which is something that I didn't plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment