Rainbow

Sunday 7 February 2016

Composition Task

In the composition task I really tried to focus on the way that I used shape and sizing of the objects in order for them to work as a coherent piece that has harmony and uses the guidance of a line of sight , this is a very important aspect when considering composition. In my roughs I was able to consider the way the room could work in different styles and ways whilst still having each component in the frame. 
Large plant in left foreground.
Small vase and table with twigs and flowers in mid ground.
Window in background.

Vase, table and twigs in foreground.
Large plant in mid ground.
Window in background.

Window in foreground.
Large plant in mid ground.
table and vase and twigs in background.

table and vase and twigs in foreground.
window in mid ground.
large plant in background.

large plant in foreground.
window in mid ground.
vase and twigs in background.

large plant and table with vase and twigs in foreground.
window in background.

I changed my design to a circular window as I felt that it would make for a better composition making the image more symmetrical and work as a whole.
I also experimented with the colour palette, looking at how I could use the different colours to create a depth of field within the image. 

My final rough took elements from each that I liked and i thought made for a good composition, taking into account the line of sight, depth of field and elements such as overlapping of objects which is something to consider when creating a good composition. 

I think that the final composition considers itself well in terms of the way the image flows through, thinking of the line of sight from the way the window is the central point of the image, flowing through to the twigs on the plant and the leaves on the potted plant. I think my roughing really helped with this aspect. 

I feel that I could have worked harder on the way the frame physically works together as I feel that I rushed into choosing an idea without much consideration into how I could push myself ever further! I also don't like the way that I've used colour in the piece, in terms of colour and the composition I don't think that it considers itself well thinking about the depth of field and the other possibilities that colour can create.
Despite my feelings of dislike towards this image I feel that I have really expanded my work in terms of being able to consider the way composition can completely change the narrative of a frame. This is such an important thing to learn and try to expand on within illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment