Rainbow

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Final Character Design


Shy Bunny Boy
What I like?
I feel like I worked hard on experimenting with different media and techniques in order to create the most effective character that conveys the message of being shy and anxious. I looked at different positions he could have as his natural stance and i feel that i have been successful with drawing this in a certain way. I looked at the different colours I could use and I definitely think that the subtle blue and white accurately portray the unconfident and wary emotion that I want my gif to portray.

What I don't like?
If I were to change anything about my character it would probably be the style of the hands and feet. I think that if I had longer within this brief i would work more on making them either more accurate or more effective as I feel that the hand-like shapes almost take away from the character itself. As I have been exploring, I want to expand on my way of drawing either really realistic or cartoony features and for this particular drawing I think I have mixed them well.

What are the next steps?
My next steps within the brief will be to begin creating my gifs, I think because my initial character design was in a traditional hand drawn method, I will begin with the hand drawn gif as a starting point. I am slightly worried about how I will translate this same character design into a three dimensional and digital form but I feel that looking back at my experiments of the bunny will assist me in this process.


No comments:

Post a Comment