Rainbow

Friday 5 February 2016

Character Development - Robin In Wellies

This character I feel is completely under developed and I'm really not happy with it, however I felt like I should show my journey through the good and the bad. I initially started drawing it from reference which I think is where it all started to go wrong. I wasnt very happy with the original drawing and in some ways began to rush through the development, quickly drawing sketches from the original, which, in my opinion got worse and worse, I don't know whether its the medium of goache that I used or the rushed pencil lines, but either way I don't like the development or the final outcome.
For me, when I started this character it had such potential but towards the end I just became so unhappy with the outcome and in a way started putting less effort in it. I haven't really had this extreme dislike of an idea before, I don't know what it was but it annoys me that there was a lot of potential for the working with birds.


The gif idea was going to be a robin with wellies jumping through numerous puddles in the rain, which now, on reflection sounds a bit cliche.



No comments:

Post a Comment