Rainbow

Friday 12 February 2016

Lilli Carre - GIF/Animation

I came across Lilli Carre's work on instagram and was instantly drawn to her quiet yet intriguing animations. Her work uses a range of animation techniques and styles that I am finding really inspiring in my own practise. I particularly like the hand drawn aspects of her work, and when animated they jump and move, I really like the quality of this and its definitely something that I would like to achieve in my own gifs.
Despite the slow and slight movements in some of the frames, I feel that her work is still able to convey the emotions and feelings that she is intending, this is something that i am taking away from her work, the idea of simplicity and that sometimes gifs and animations don't need to be overworked in order to be effective and translate the meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment