Rainbow

Saturday 31 December 2016

Study Task 4 - Animated Shorts

GIF TEAM - THE GREENHOUSE

  •  I really enjoy the collage aspect of this animation. Although it may not have one set narrative, the smaller aspects of each animated feature create a number of different sequential pieces that come together in the greenhouse structure to work together and form this animated short.
  • The handmade style of the animation adds to it's intriguing and endearing feel about it. I love how the size of each aspect allows the eyes to explore each elements without feeling rushed or pushed through, it's almost like an animated picture book.
  • I think this piecing together of alot of different smaller animated aspects could be really interesting in terms of forming a 10 second sting. I'm definitely going to consider this complicated, yet effective approach to the animated brief. I really like the complicated nature of it, and although a challenge, i think it would really suit my style of working especially with my prints as I seem to have used a lot of details and embellishments within them.
I would have to research how to achieve the animated aspect of this particular piece and how to achieve a similar feel within after effects, in terms of the 'twitching' of the elements and the clear changing between different images, but once I come to terms with this it would be really exciting to transform my static prints.
the greenhouse from GIF TEAM on Vimeo.

HOJI TSUCHIYA - SPRING TIME OLD MAN
  • Simarily to the greenhouse animation, i particularly like this busy nature of this animation. The narrative relies on different aspects working together to create a busy city and wacky psychedelic scene. Again, the combination of lots of smaller animations combined, for me creates something that allows the animation to have it's own version of a story and narrative. 
  • I don't think this animation would have been created on after effects due to the very hand made feel to it, however I'm sure I would be able to create a similar effect in the programme using the textures and hand rendered feel of my prints.
  • I think creating a busy animation is a challenge, but due to the fact of a colour restriction, this aspect will allow me to simplify it down despite a lot of movement and different animated elements to look at.
  • I really like the aspect of 'growing' within the animation. This is a really effective way to show movement, whether that be through physically getting bigger, or more elements being revealed to the viewer.
  • Smaller details such as the shapes moving in the sea are really effective. I could consider elements such as this, It's easy to get caught up with the main components and forget about the smaller embellishments such as this, i often feel that these pieces are what makes my work my own.

青春おじいさん / Spring time-old man from Hoji Tsuchiya on Vimeo.

YOO SEUNGAH - CACTUS FLOWER

  • ahhhhh! I LOVE this animation, the sounds, the whole texture and visceral feelings it gives me, the colours, the patterns, the illustration the narrative, its BEAUTIFUL!!
  • I realllllly really want to create my stings in this way, the 'film grain' effect created by the marks on the paint, it's so REAL and feel so hand made and natural, i can't explain what I love so much about it. 
  • I like the jumping of sound clips, this adds to the narrative of everyday life, it's emotional and surreal in such an endearing way. Again, the patterns and separate illustrations create a busy shot to be explored by the viewer. I'm just so glad I've found this piece, it's given me so much inspiration, I'm really excited to get started.
  • I like the element of nature in this animation, thats definitely something that relates to my work and something I shall be exploring, I like the growing vine at the beginning, this is something I could incorporate in my stings in my own way. My next steps is to explore the sounds that could be used in my animations, this particular one has a very strong element of sound, the simplicity of it makes it even stronger!


Cactus Flower from yoo.seungah on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment