Rainbow

Friday 2 December 2016

FACE PRINT ROUGHS

For my next design, I referred back to a rough that people had said that they'd liked in my crits for the previous brief. I too liked this design but hadn't followed through with it as i didn't think it would of been very successful in the way that i was creating my work before.
  • I began to consider how this design could work in a different format, following on from my previous print, i knew the dimensions and format of how i wanted my prints to be and i was considering keeping this consistent through out all of the prints.
  • The design was fairly easy to transform into a different format and I also thought it seemed more appropriate to change the sea themed design which represented a different Carter quote into a more nature style piece, to correspond to the other prints that Im designing and working on.


  • I began to consider how I could change the format of the designs, changing the distance and composition within the designs to see how it effected the way it was seen. 
  • I particularly like the roughs where i have used the whole frame, i find this makes for a more effective print design where i could use detail and a lot of natural elements to stand alongside my existing print. 

Following on from this, I started to refine the roughs, I began to consider how these would work in a screen print format. I thought about backgrounds and the different filled colour elements that i could include. 
  • I'm quite pleased with these roughs, I feel like I've developed them well and they could POTENTIALLY make for successful print, HOWEVER, unlike my other roughs and designs so far, i feel like it doesn't have a very effective narrative or meaning behind it compared to the others. I'd need to consider if this will actually work alongside my other designs.
  • I also need to think about if this design is only something that looks aesthetically pleasing for me? is it a bit obvious and lazy in terms of having a narrative, as I've said. Compared to the other designs that I feel like I've put a lot of thought and consideration into their relation to the chosen quotes, i really need to work more on this design if i want to use it as a final print!!
NEXT STEPS
  • Continue roughing, thinking about how i could make this design more meaningful, having more of a narrative and more relation to the quotes from angela carters poems.
  • Plan and consider how i could make the 5 prints a more consecutive set and work together into being a more effective and accurate representation of Angela Carters work and life.






No comments:

Post a Comment