Rainbow

Thursday 8 December 2016

HAND AND EGG

FINALLY I'm on my final design! I feel like this has been a major journey of discovery and so far I've learnt SO much about the process of print and the positives and negatives of it. Because of this, i feel confident on the process of using half tone and experimenting with overlaying shape and linear patterns.
Earlier in the brief i played around with this same design working with mono printing and how i could use it in different ways in order to represent the idea of  new life, i really liked this concept of holding an egg in this way to represent life and i know that id like to recreate it in a screen print format.
Following on from my mono print experiments on this design i began to rough different compositions in order to see if the concept could work better in other representations. I considered creating a landscape orientation to see if it would correspond better with the other prints, however i already have two landscape prints and i think this is enough to allow them to work well as a set.

Although i was pleased with the mono printing experiments, I want the finer refined marks of my own drawing to come through and i feel like i am unable to do this with mono printing and also i need to keep the five prints linking to each other and i find that by being consisted with the printing method, this makes it a lot more EFFECTIVE!!!
As I have done with my other prints, I drew out the separate imagery, ready to be scanned in and then due to my extensive roughing i was able to easily move the images around in order to create the design for the print. 
I feel like this is such an effective method of working, I'm so glad I have learnt the skill of roughing, i feel like this is definetely one skill that has really improved my work and enabled me to create more effective and impactful work. 

NEXT STEPS
  • Print the design, i need to take into consideration the colours of all the of the other prints and think about how i could best incorporate this one into the other four. 
  • After I finish all 5 prints i need to look back and reflect on how I've done and see if i need to make any improvements.








No comments:

Post a Comment