Rainbow

Wednesday 7 December 2016

FINAL BIRD PRINT

WHAT WENT WELL?
  • I took a risk and it pulled off! I used a PURPLE ink instead of the peachy tones as I felt like the peach tones weren't powerful enough to represent the strong image that i wanted to show.
  • I feel like all the different illustrated elements of the design work really well together. I'm so pleased with the actual drawings themselves, I feel like they're really successful. I love my mark making that I've used in this print, I feel like they've come through as a really successful element of the print, this was an initial worry of mine.
  • I'm really happy with my use of gradient on this piece alongside the block colour, i feel like i've chosen wisely where and when to use the block colour and not to overpower the image with the gradient, i feel like I've accidentally done this within a few of the other prints and is something that i might have to reconsider.
WHAT COULD OF GONE BETTER?!
  • Not to sound too full of this print but in my opinion, i can't think of much that i would improve!! i'm just so pleased with the outcome of it. I could of potentially played around more with the composition of the piece and considered how the branches could have been a more central feature of the piece as opposed to coming in from the sides, although this is just a small picky element.
  • I could of experimented with the colours a bit more, I love how the purple compliments the green but i am slightly worried that it will be too different to the other 3 prints to far. Maybe i could consider doing the final print in this same purple to tie all 5 together without just one being a different colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment