Rainbow

Saturday 3 December 2016

FINAL EYE PRINT


WHAT WENT WELL?
  • I'm really pleased with how the final print of this design has come out! I was really worried about how I struggled with the initial roughing and meaning behind the piece. I'm very pleased with out how I changed the face idea to just the eyes, I feel like the eyes, as I've said before, possess a lot more meaning behind them and don't give away the whole story and narrative, much like Carter's poetry is able to do through the use of metaphors.
  • The use of block colour within screen printing has been really successful for this particular print. I'm so happy with how the whiteness of the eyes stands out amongst the backdrop colour of the print. The cream colour of the chosen paper compliments the lighter pink and the darker green , which is something I'm pleased with!!
  • I love the symmetry that I've created with this piece, the divide down the centre of the piece creates a harmony in the composition, on the other hand I really like the elements of the natural flora and leaves that stick out amongst the other flowers, disrupting this symmetry. In some ways, this is representative of the uncertainty of nature and the idea of growing, whether that be within emotions or within life itself, referring back to the idea of new life and childbirth.
WHAT COULD OF GONE BETTER?
  • Despite liking the design of the piece, I feel like due to my initial struggle in creating this print, I found it hard to find the meaning and narrative within the imagery itself. Due to this, I'm not sure that the meaning behind it is as strong as the other prints that I have planned and am due to create, however, despite this, i still feel that the imagery is strong and has a strong relation to the chosen quote and the life and work of carter.
  • Maybe Im just being picky, but i feel like the actual illustration of the eyes could of been slightly better drawn. I'm pleased with them in general but i just feel like i could of worked on the actual standard of the drawing itself for a little longer, although i knew, due to time restrictions this wasn't possible for me to do.
  • The actual process of screen printing is a difficult one for me, the lining up of the two different components of the screen is sometimes hard, although the small mis alignment of the hand printing process is one of my favourite things about the process, i like the way that the viewer of the print can TELL that its hand printed, i like this very hand rendered approach, its one of my favourite things about hand printing.


No comments:

Post a Comment