Rainbow

Friday 2 December 2016

Kate Bush - Visceral Feelings


Similarily to Florence and the Machine who I have previously compared the sound of to the writing of Angela Carter, Kate Bush's songs give me that same feeling whilst exploring Carter's work.

  • Again, she seems to explore feminine emotions and discusses similar themes such as relationships and being STRONG as a female in her music.
  • Sounds of the harp and other interments are used in an almost 'mystical' way, maybe this is why i get similar feelings to that of Carter's work?
  • Metaphors and a sense of creativity and poetry are used in the lyrics of Kate Bush's music, i like this use of comparison to the world around us in terms of emotions.
  • I find it interesting to get that visceral feeling. I know I can't directly link it to my work, but listening to artists that give me the same feeling allows me to explore the themes in Carter's work in more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment