Rainbow

Saturday 3 December 2016

STRUGGLE AND CHANGING IDEAS


  • After feeling uncertain of the face design, I decided to take an element from it that i felt had the most power. The eyes in a portrait are often considered the opening to a whole other element of what's within the piece. I felt like I could use this idea and combine the same natural element that I've been keeping consistent in the other prints. 

  • I'm slightly frustrated that i've spent so long developing my other idea of the womans face combined with flora, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't work too well alongside the other designs and this is something that I had to take action with if I wanted all 5 prints to be successful and correspond as a meaningful set full of visually and narrative pleasing elements.
  • I re drew the eyes from the design and then began to play around with the composition of the piece in a similar way that I did with the baby print, including the gradient and the use of block colour. I feel a lot more confident with this design now as opposed to what I was focusing on before. 
  • After looking at different ways that I could use the composition, I thought about the idea of a complete surrounding of nature, much like the work of marco mazzoni who I explored early in my work for this brief. He explores the way nature can be represented in a feminine way of representing pain involving love and loss, this is definitely something that I want to explore in further detail, particuartly within this print. 

Im really really pleased with how the initial design for this print has turned out, I feel like the symmetry and flora design of the linear illustration works really well in terms of the narration and feminine, loss and idea of re-birth and instincts. I'm going to experiment with similar colours to the baby print as I feel like this was really successful and i know for certain that I want to keep the colours similar and consecutive throughout the five prints.



No comments:

Post a Comment