Rainbow

Monday 27 March 2017

NEST Magazine

The Leeds College of Art magazine 'Nest' have released their new theme 'space'. Nest magazine is something that I have wanted to submit my work to for a while but I feel that I haven't had the confidence or have felt that my work hasn't been up to the standard of the other work that is selected for the magazine.
Seeing as I am creating work for OUIL505 in a similar theme, I feel that I have enough ideas and am confident enough to be able to create a piece that could fit within this theme.
I didn't want to create work in the usual visual imagery of space including space ships and astronauts so began to think about space and how other aspects such as power, star signs, and life in space is another route to consider.
I began to create some quick sketches and roughs and considered how I could make this a piece of stand alone illustration. I have considered working in this way before so i wanted to use a lose of pencil marks with details and small marks in order to make my submission an interesting and detailed piece.
I'm really pleased with my concept of the powerful woman figure in space. I wanted to create the emotion of lust and dreams, I feel that this is particularly relevant within the theme of the galaxy and space.
The planets and stars are almost orbiting her as a powerful force and she is the centre of the universe.


Overall I'm soooo pleased with my finished piece. I feel that I have created this for myself more than anything, using my love of detail and hand made quality I was able to plan out this illustration. 

I submitted the piece to Nest Magazine with the caption reading:

Media: Pencil on Paper and Digital Colouring
This piece looks at the female form and explores emotions relating to love and desire and how they can be compared to the magical and undiscovered depths of space

No comments:

Post a Comment