Rainbow

Thursday 2 March 2017

Responsive Collab

Following on from the initial design concepts taking place, I met with my group to discuss my first designs and how they thought they could be effective in terms of adding the text and taking the designs further to appeal to the target audience of children.

They felt that the designs were really successful, both the graphic designers said that they really liked the use of colour, used in a simple yet effective way. 

The detailed illustrations were something that I was concerned wouldn't work but the designers really liked the contrast of my designs to that of the other cards that have been made previously.
I made rough versions of the other animals and looked at the colours that I could potentially use for the cards for them to be featured on.



As discussed in the group meeting, my main aim for the next meet will be to have finished the illustrations. The concept within each piece is fairly similar so I really don't feel that this will be an issue to get this done in time.

I'm really enjoying working in this group and collaborating with graphic designers. I feel that it's really enhancing my practice and improving skills such as time management, I'm feeling pressure to finish tasks on hand by a self set deadline as my actions will affect the others in the group.

NEXT STEPS

  • Place each of the animals in a scene much like the scene with the shark and see how the way that the colours and other elements such as coral and be re worked for the different creatures.
  • Discuss with my group how they will use the design and text within the cards and think about how they can run alongside age images. I don't want to overcomplicate the images as I feel that the text needs to be the main aspect of the cards. Particularly as the facts need to come across clearly and directly to the children reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment