Rainbow

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Responsive Collab - Final Designs

Following on from the group crit, as a collbortatiove group we discuss our time limits, this was a big issue within the whole brief, we all have a lot of work from other modules and wanting to put a lot of thought and effort into this brief used a lot of time and consideration towards the others.

Following the crit and the print out of the previous initial designs, we discussed that the cards needed space around the illustrations yet still needed to work to use the idea of each card joining up as set.

I also had the idea of using the 'bear' logo within the scene as stated on the brief, but in a less conspicuous way as a bubble, almost as another element to add to the scene. My group really liked this idea and I added it in as an addition to the background of the main images.

We worked as a group and played around and experimented with adding different borders, colours and shapes around the illustrations until we were happy with the outcome of the front images. 

FINALLY, I was pleased with the outcomes, at this point I felt that I had done the most I could do within the collab in terms of my practice. The backs of the cards I mainly left down to the graphic designers, they used some elements of my illustrations from the fronts and started to play around with how to improve the use of type, layout and composition in terms of the graphic side of the brief. 

Although i had some creative input to this factor, I felt that I had done a significant amount of work for the front parts of the cards, therefore allowed the graphic designers to create this aspect between themselves.

Overall I'm so so pleased with how the fronts of the cards have turned out, i think they look really
  • Clean
  • Fresh
  • Profesional
  • Delicate, yet in a way that appeals to children and is something different to the illustrative style that bear usually approach.
I'm glad that I didn't change my way of working to appeal to the YCN bear brief, they used a lot of thick shape based imagery and I just don't feel that this looked very approachable or visually pleasing, even for children. I feel that I have approached the design in a completely new and individual way, I'm proud that I was able to do this!

I really like my use of colour, I feel that this has been improved so much and especially for a professional student brief such as YCN, I feel that taking elements such as colour and composition into consideration is really important when it comes to the standard of work being created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment