Rainbow

Friday 17 March 2017

COLLAGE



ALTELIER BINGO
  • Bright, bold, clashing, contrasting colours
  • Overlaying shapes, block patterns, bold textures
  • Block square layouts, Jigsaw style fitting
I...LOVE everything about Altelier Bingo, it SHOCKS me how they are able to create such free, expressive, playful collages using nothing but pure SHAPE and colour! It's inspirational!
I've discussed having a pattern based page that the text will lay on the top of and I feel that looking at designers and creators who use pattern as their main output is a great way to gain an insight on how to create such pieces. 
I want to take some of their creativity and experimental nature and use it within my own work.
I feel like collage, especially within a specific colour scheme can be such an effective way to engage an audience and create a whole new tone of voice for the book. 

My next steps will be to experimental in this way for the pattern pages of the book.




ED CHEVERTON (AGAIN)

I know I keep blogging and mentioning Ed Cheverton, but I keep finding new pieces of inspiration, through his work. His use of collage of shape just completely amazes me and I want to SO badly be able to create work in the same experimental nature as him. After my talk with Teresa, I know I can't think in the way that I want to create work that looks like his, because thats not ME, I just need to focus my thoughts on being able to be as free and creative in the way that I'm sketching, roughing and creating my work.

I find that I overthink my work, I often end up not very happy with how the end pieces turn out but I've come to realise that sometimes, I need to let go and not worry too much how I think the piece might be perceived but worry about whether I like it, this is important.

I like being weird about my work, I love that fact about Ed Cheverton, it's like he doesn't care that people are getting an insight to the way his mind is working, because it's great! it works! and that's what I need to channel, and I'm trying and I'm determined to get there!

I'm torn between colour schemes, I guess I need to experiment with both, see which is more effective, I'll ask my peers, the pastel scheme is what I like but then I feel that it can look a bit washy in terms of the characters, they're not as bold and therefore seem to not have as much dominance as the main features of the book.
The brighter primary colours can be too bold, they clash and contrast eachother, i love this look, but I've already spoken about how I need to control my work and in some ways, simplify it and I don't know if this goes against this? Just experiment I suppose, thats what I need to do next!

EXPERIMENT !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment