Rainbow

Monday 6 March 2017

Responsive Collab

Following on from my meeting about the initial designs, I began to create the potential finial designs for the other nine cards.

At some points, this process felt like a lot of work for me to handle alone, but at the same time, I really felt that I had a vision and I wanted to make sure that it worked well and successfully alongside the designers ideas for the text and graphic elements within the cards.

We have been meeting a number of times as we felt that more casual meetings rather than organised group discussions were a lot more relaxed and allowed our ideas to work and stream together more easily.

I designed the cards in a similar way to the initial shark design as, previously discussed, my group felt that this was a successful and approachable appearance for the children when looking and collecting these cards.
We began to consider how we could link the cards up as a concertina style piece, one of the graphic designers sent me some sketches that could be a starting point to begin to consider the linking aspect of the cards.
Although just a quick sketch, I found it really helpful to have the input from another designer. She described how the coral and seaweed could be the linking factor between and the cards and allow the separate segments to be able to link together and join ideas.

Following on from this, I began to add the seaweed onto the designs, a simple step but it opened up a whole new aspect of the design process. 

At the point I felt that the designs were finished enough to hand over to the graphic designers, even if they still needed a few tweaks and extra steps to be completed in terms of the outcome.

The two graphic designers started to add the backs of the cards, looking at the text and information and how they could be incorporated to the illustrations, working around them.

 The graphic designers came up with a number of designs and concepts that we could potentially use and play around with when creating the final designs.

I found it really interesting to see the process of a different course and how their use of programmes such as indesign and illustrator made a progress that I find fairly difficult look fairly simple. I feel that through working together I will be able to gain a better understanding of this progress and maybe even be able to incorporate this way of working with in my own practice.

I particularly liked the use of the bars within the back designs. A top trump style design that will appeal to children and make the cards a part of a game that they will be able to play with their friends.

NEXT STEPS

  • Our next steps as a group will be to receive feedback and consider how we can change the designs based on the feedback. It will be interesting to get the feedback from another group that have similar interests and design process'.
  • We will need to work as group to add the adjustments needed and continue with the practice so that we will be ready for the deadline of the competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment