Rainbow

Monday 20 March 2017

Initial Roughs

Following on from the character design process, I feel fairly happy with how my initial thought process has developed through my research into character and design. I began to consider the six layouts that I am going to be creating and how these can work alongside each other in terms of colour, layout and overall design.

I'll need to be very considerate of the type and use of graphic design if I want the book to be able to appeal to children and adults. Although I have previously suggested that the use of a handmade type will be more accesible for children, I feel that it might also be harder to read, especially if the 'wrong' style of handwriting is used.

I particularly liked the roughs that had the main image on one side of the layout with the text on the opposite, bordered by a colourful pattern or design. I could be really clever with this and use the aspects of interactivity such as foiling and flocking in a creative and fun way

The process of roughing out the six layouts has been feeling very daunting, but after these initial roughs, I really feel that I was able to gain a better understanding of how my characters and poem can work alongside each other. 

NEXT STEPS
  • My next steps will be to consider which roughs are more effective and which will use the features such as foiling in the most effective way to create the poetry book with.
  • I will need to think about which designs allow me to have the best use of narrative and how this could be explored further with colour and composition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment