Rainbow

Thursday 23 March 2017

Responsive Collab - YCN Design Boards and Submission

Following on from the completion of the cards and brief as a whole, the graphic designers in my group went ahead and created the design boards to submit to YCN. 

I think the main thing that I found by working in a group that it was just less pressure as a whole, although when creating the illustrations I felt the pressure of time management and being able to finish tasks that I had set myself in terms of finishing things for the rest of the group. 

In terms of work load, I felt that towards the end of the brief, the work load was fairly distributed when the graphic designers in my group worked on the aspects such as the text, research and elements such as the design boards intended for submission.



Although I didn't have much contribution towards the design boards, I gave some input towards the text and ideas within the boards. I really feel that the graphic designers were able to use their practice to go towards creating sleek and profesional looking boards that display our work in a clean and appropriate way.

SUBMITTED!

Finally! We have submitted! I'm so so glad I have completed the collaborative side of responsive, from the very start when I was worried that I would find the experience stressful, I feel so nicely relieved that I found a group that were determined and in some ways like minded in the way that we wanted to produce work and have motivation to create the work for the YCN brief.

Initially, I found it difficult to adjust to the way that we both came with ideas and worked together, I've found that in the past I seem to have a very specific way of creating and making work, however seeing how students on a different course go through the design process and come up with ideas and research, I feel that I have a new vision of how I could possibly apply more background research both primary and secondary into my work.

I found it really interesting in each group meeting to not only get feedback but see the progress of the graphic designers and look at how they have been creating work as a result of our joint research. I loved being able to combine our practice and see how the final pieces have turned out as a result of three designers, this has been a really successful experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment