Rainbow

Thursday 7 January 2016

Illustrator research - David Fullarton

What I like and feel inspired by in Fullarton's work.
 I really like the collage aspect of David Fullartons work. The way he uses collage and handmade elements to create his handmade styles of work. I am really inspired by the mixtures of colours and textures that he uses in his work and this is defiantly something that I want to look into using in my own work. I particularly like the combination of drawings and scans of texture and material, this definitely gives another level to his work and I just love the busy element of it, the mark making and hand written text really gives a handmade traditional feel. I find that I'm often not drawn to digital works as I feel it is sometimes too polished and finished which I think is why I'm drawn to Fullarton's work even more so.
I also like the way he doesn't feel the visual need to use full colour on his portraits the whole time, it is definitely not a necessity to have this realistic coloration on faces and bodies, particular in terms of clothing. I would like to experiment with this idea of hinting towards colour giving the reader something to explore and discover for themselves rather than giving it all away to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment