Rainbow

Tuesday 12 January 2016

An Untold Story - Digital Colour Experiments


After scanning my drawings into photoshop, I began to experiment with different ways that I could add colour and tone to the drawings. I wanted to keep the colouration subtle for the market stall as I knew that alot of colour would be involved for the image and I didnt want to overcomplicate the images. 
I learnt so much on photoshop in terms of adding colour on different layers with tools such as 'multiply' and 'screen', as soon as I discovered the possibilities of these I found it really exciting as a prospect of adding colour to my work. I decided to keep a subtle theme and wanted to carry this through with the other drawings in my book such as the people as well.




After the experiments with colouring in the market stall I tried a similar approach with the people and market customers. I found that when the face was done in a similar way to the colour of the body it didn't stand out as much as I felt it should do. I experimented with adding a more realistic colouration to the face and hands and hair in contrast to the simplistic colour of the clothes and body. I was really happy with how this stood out and I feel accomplished with this approach, I already feel that I have improved with my skills in photoshop in this project.


I also experimented with adding an abstract version of colour in my work. I felt that this was unecessary and took away from the drawing itself and might confuse the reader. Also I wanted to keep the book and images consistent throughout and this didn't fit in with my idea of how the finished product would look.

No comments:

Post a Comment