Rainbow

Sunday 10 January 2016

Collage

What I like?

In the collage task I really tried to focus on the idea of using a variety of elements that could work together to create the overall image, I know that this is basically what the idea of collage tries to create but I really wanted to focus on creating an almost surreal distortion of real life. I used aspects of humans and animals and used this to create a wildlife poster that uses nature and the action of gardening to portray this scene. I think that I have considered the layout and composition of the collage well and have used my found imagery in a way that shows narrative and structure within the piece.

What I don't like?

I think that I could have been even more adventurous with the composition of the poster, considering the way that the particular animals that I have portrayed typically live, I could have played around with perhaps having the hedgehog character underground or something along those lines, although saying this, it might have over complicated the image.

What I learnt?

I really enjoyed the collage task, despite finding it difficult to begin with in terms of finding the images and coming up with an idea that has potential and narrative whilst still using the collage aspect. I have definitely learnt that within collage its important to keep the final idea in mind even if thats not a particular way that the end product will look. I definitely feel that collage is a very experimental form of image making and in some ways I think that it can be very effective but in the same way it has to be used selectively other wise can overcomplicate and confuse images unnessasarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment