Rainbow

Wednesday 6 January 2016

An Untold Story - Storyboard

Through my research and investigation I have come up with a final storyboard and narrative for my book. I created a series of three storyboards each time altering the story in different ways that would work within the 16 page limit.
I found it difficult to create a story that could fit in to the page limit and still get across the subtle and quiet atmosphere that I am trying to achieve for the reader. 
My storyboards are incredibly rough and hard to follow but I found that quickly getting down my thoughts and images down really helped me think about how my actual story will play out. 

The story is as follows

Page 1 - A view of customers walking around the market to show the hustle and bustle 
Page 2 and 3 - Double page spread of market stalls with pieces of text of stall holders shouting
Page 4 and 5 - Oliver the fruit and veg stall holder standing at his stall with another text of his exclamations
Page 6 - Customer standing at fruit and veg stall with text of oliver asking him if he needs assistance.
Page 7 - Scan of customers shopping list 
Page 8 - Customer reaching into the stall to buy from veg
Page 9 - Hand reaching for leek
Page 10 and 11 - double page spread of conversations and buying the leek
Page 12 - long distance shot of oliver standing at his stall.

Front cover - simple illustration - still in planning but I'm thinking of an image of the moment the leek is being bought

Back cover - a short description of the book and my name

Inner covers - small illustrations of fruit and veg with a small piece of text.





Overall I am fairly happy with my narrative, I think it successfully gets across my feelings of the market and how I enjoyed seeing the quiet moments such as buying fruit and the exclamations shouted across the market. 
i think that getting this narrative across will depend on how I lay it out and use colour and hopefully, following the research that Ive done I will be able to do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment