Rainbow

Thursday 7 January 2016

Collage Presentation

Notes From Presentation

  • often works with low-fi applications.
  • sits closely to graphic design, due to its reliance on layout and arrangement.
  • generates images that are universally recognisable
  • re-appropriation of found image.
What Makes a good collage?

Process
Ingredients
Your hand - how can your own hand drawn techniques add to the found images?
Ephemera - Found objects/items
Synthesis

Anthony Gerace
I am intrigued by the concept of collage, looking at Anthony Gerace's work has made me completely reconsider the concept of collage, or at least what I thought it was. I really like the way blocks have been taken out of the image giving it a mystery and sense of wonder about it. It makes me question what else can be done with collage, this really excites me!

Luke Best
I am always drawn to luke best's work. I think its the colours he uses, they always pull me in. In his collage work, i can really see how the hand drawn aspect adds a whole other element of work and craft. I particularly like his use of block colour combined with texture and pattern and how this has an effect on the colours and different line qualities that he also uses. I would like to experiment with using hand drawn techniques in my own collage as I really think it adds a different element to it, something that images and photographs alone can't do.

Kate Gibb

In this photography collage piece by Kate Gibb, the colour element is the main aspect that makes the work stand out. I really like the chosen people and how they have an impact on how the image as a whole is perceived. I think that the chosen colours work particularly well in terms of addressing the issue of composition and shape. The circular format surrounding the boy in the centre adds a feature that makes you feel as if you are drawn into the piece, and the white/monochrome figure stands out amongst the yellow shades around him. Colour is definitely something that I will consider in my own collage.




No comments:

Post a Comment