Rainbow

Saturday 29 April 2017

BOOK PAGES CONSIDERATIONS

I began to play around with the spray paint backgrounds that I had used to look at colour before, I began to add shapes and textures to see how I could create the patterned background for the text that I have previously  been roughing and playing around with. 

I've been really
enjoying this process of experimentation , I really like this process and I'm happy that I'm being more open and free with my work, I feel that through researching illustrators such as Ed cheverton, it has allowed me to be more playful and open with my work! I've been trying to plan the layout in the same way but not over think and extensively plan the majority of the colours and patterns that I will use. 


Through
experimentation and play, I came up with the final layout and design for the text pages, I kept in mind the pastel colour theme that I had been exploring previously and started to consider how this would work in contrast to a more minimal design on the opposite page.
I took the faces from the characters that I had been playing around with and began to consider these as extra elements within the design.



Overall I felt that my
design was really successful, I was so happy with how this page came out and I feel that I used my roughs and overall composition really effectively to create it.
My next steps will be to experiment with text, I have previously spoken about how different elements of text have a different effect on the reader, however, in this case I feel that a hand written type will work really well alongside the delicate lines of the illustrations. 


NEXT STEPS
  • Consider how I can use this similar theme of pastel colours with shapes alongside other pieces and work out how I can apply it to other products.
  • Work on my illustrations for the characters and the other aspects within the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment