Rainbow

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Japanese Design

This Japanese comic, graphic poster is really..something else!!

  • The colours
  • The overlay
  • The use of type in perfect composition with image and illustration
I really feel that I can take away from the use of overlay within this piece. 

I don't want to overcomplicate the pages in my book but I feel that if done carefully with use of a simple text and consideration for image, I would be able to create a similar striking and intricate design such as this.

The text almost becomes a part of the image. 
This is the idea that I will be trying to produce when I come to create the pattern page for the text from the poetry to come into play.

I'm feeling quite anxious about this, I don't feel too confident with working with text and although I love the handmade aesthetic of hand lettering, I feel that a specific font might a safer option, especially if I am planning to work with this complex nature of creating!
I suppose there's only one thing I can do and that's to experiment, but I'm finding it so helpful to just continue exploring graphic design and use of fonts, learning by research.

Again, in this piece of Japanese graphic design, the use of text seems very complex and almost is an additional element to the illustration itself. 

I like how the text acts as a border to the print, framing it and, despite not knowing what the text says, I know that it will be something to do with the illustration.

Looking at this design has given me potential ideas for the poster/s that I am planning to design alongside the poem pages.
Perhaps the poster could be a character profile for the star and moon characters. The text could feature their likes/dislikes/hobbies. The poster could be a designed skill fully and attractively with a full version of the character. 
This is definitely something exciting that i could consider.
This design works slightly differently, the text plays a role within the design, however, its not a vital part of it. the additional text can work alongside the image by using the same colours or rough/hand made nature.

I think that will be something really important for me - colour.

I will need to plan and consider really really carefully the palette that I use and how this can transfer over to my use of text aswell as the illustrations themselves.

I want to overcomplicate and use loads of colours, but at the same time i need to hold myself back and use the colour tastefully and with meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment