Rainbow

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Graphic Design and Collage Research & Experiments

I'm a big fan of these graphic posters.

  • The combination of photography and digitally drawn illustrations give these posters an alternative twist.

  • They're bold and quite graphic but still have the detail of the photograph and details illustrations would also work over the top of the images.

  • the bright primary colours. The overlay of the colours and patterns works really well!

  • Circular shapes and gradients are always fun, especially circles, I feel that they can give a creative and fun alternative to squares when creating work, I should consider this more, especially in terms of space and the galaxy, intergalatic imagery.



WHAT SHOULD I DO..?

I should find space imagery, the style of images i have been illustrating and experiment with digitally drawing over them in the same style as this. It's just an experiment and it might really work! 
I want to work in the same style of these images, I should think about the colours of the photograph and how I can use my digital skills on photoshop to transform the images.
  • The original image, a simple crescent moon, I have rotated the image and place it within a circle.

  • I started to experiment with different colours, sticking initially to the bright basic colours, much  like the posters. I really want to see what the potentials for this way of working are. 

  • I started to look at gradients in the piece, working in the same style as the poster. It's interesting and informative to work through the similar steps, learning about the process of a designer and how the pieces come together and fit.

  • I started exploring how I could add my illustrations over the top of the piece, seeing how the blue can be overlaid with the other primary colours. I really like the effect of this. It's almost like creating a digital collage. I'm going to experiment with adding the bodies as I have been drawing them on an analogue style.

I began to experiment with how the line art, traced from my life drawing images can be translated onto a digital platform. I really like the effect of this, and the use of shape and overlay within the design really allows the shape to stand out.
I really really like this idea of using found imagery within my illustrations. It's definitely something different for me, I feel that I would have to experiment a lot more until I felt completely comfortable with being able to work like this for my final outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment