Rainbow

Tuesday 18 April 2017

CONSIDERATIONS

My next steps were to begin the physical making process, I have considered how much of the book that I need to produce in order to give the general impression of the product, especially if I am planning on creating a series of products and merchandise to work alongside . 

I came to the conclusion that
creating the cover and one of the inner spreads is enough to give the overall impression of the book. 
Through my roughing it was evident that I had decided to create the layout of the designs each in a similar way, that being the colourful pattern and design with text on one side in contrast to the minimal layout and design of the illustrations. With having this solid idea of the layout I feel confident that having one design of the spread is enough to portray my application of the design.

I
looked at the binding methods that I have previously explored and considered how this would have an affect on the final image of my design. I really liked the large plastic ring bound method as I felt that this gave a fun and interesting look as well as being something that is almost a contemporary design aspect. I really like this childlike playful look of this ring binding and I feel that I will be able to work it in well with the aesthetic of the final appearance of the book. 


Through experimentation I have begun to consider the format of the book.
I have been working on an A4 format but following on from looking at binding methods, I feel that a square format would be a lot of affective when coming to having the final design. 

The
square format is something that has grown in popularity within recent years due to apps such as Instagram. Within my initial project proposal, I discussed the idea of creating something for children that cannot be accessed online which is why it's something that is needed and was one of the reasons for creating a physical book.

 I feel that the square format is accessible and more tactile as a product, it can be held and is different to most books and that's what I'm hoping the general appeal of this product is.

No comments:

Post a Comment